CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE w/MAX MALLOW FROSTING & CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup (30 g) finely ground blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) our sweetener (or swerve)
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) neutral oil
- 1 egg (50 g, weighed out of shell), at room temperature
- Max Mallow Frosting
- 4 oz butter
- 3.5 oz Max Mallows
- ½ c powdered swerve
- Chocolate sauce
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped finely
- ½ cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- Grease lightly a microwave-safe mug or mason jar with at least a 10-ounce capacity and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, place the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and whisk to combine well. Add the oil and egg, and whisk until smooth. The batter will be relatively thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mug or mason jar.
- Place the mug in your microwave oven and cook at about 850 watts for 30 seconds.* Remove the mug from the microwave and cook again at about 850 watts for 45 seconds to 1 minute more, or until the cake is mostly set. The cake may seem a bit wet on top, but it’s better to undercook it than overcook it. All the cake to cool briefly before frosting.