Crunchy Millet, Carrot, and Turmeric Muffins
Breakfast, snack, lunch
- Coconut oil cooking spray or baking spray
- 1 ½ cups almond meal or almond flour
- ¼ cup flax meal¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup millet flakes
- 2 tablespoons millet, soaked and dehydrated
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 jumbo or 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh turmeric or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ cup dried cherries or dried blueberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, soaked and dehydrated, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 6-compartment jumbo or 8-compartment regular muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray or baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, flax meal, hemp seeds, millet flakes, millet, coconut palm sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Fold in the carrots, turmeric, dried fruit, and walnuts.