Entree, lunch, appetizer
- Roughly 2 cups mixed greens (choose a mixture with dark green or purple leaves, they are the most nutrient rich!)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/3 of a large carrot
- 1/4 cup very roughly chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (can also use chopped macadamia nuts which are a great keto friendly nut!)
- 1 to 2 tbsp plain, full fat goat cheese (omit if you don't do any dairy)
- Strawberries would also be a great keto addition if you would like some sweetness and won't be adding honey in the dressing.
- make a large jar and keep it in the fridge to save even more time.
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey (omit and replace with fruit)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- Add all of the dressing ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk until smooth, or shake in a mason jar and store in the fridge.
- Wash only the greens that you are using for this salad, and roughly tear. In a small food processor, pulse the carrot and red onion 3 to 5 times. If you have any extra, store in a glass container (if you use plastic it will smell like onions forever!) and store in the fridge for a salad later in the week or add it to your next batch of turkey meatballs. Top greens with chickpeas, chopped onion and carrot, sunflower seeds, and goat cheese. Drizzle salad with 1 to 2 tablespoons of salad dressing. Pack for lunch or enjoy right away!